Guidelines to obtain Indian Visa
All foreign nationals intending to participate in the Congress/ meeting, except those of Nepal, Bhutan and Maldives, are required to obtain an Indian VISA. There is provision for ‘VISA on Arrival’ in India. No fee is charged for immigration facilities at the airports. VISA can be applied for in person or by post at the High Commission/Embassy based in the country from where the participant intends to depart for India.
VISA application form is available at the office of the Indian Embassy in the capital and other major cities of the country of your residence. All NRIs/PIOs, including children (who don’t possess OCI or PIO card) need to apply for VISA in separate VISA forms. All the participants are advised to apply for either a Tourist VISA or ‘Conference VISA only. The required documents are as mentioned below:
- Passport valid for a minimum of 190 days with at least two blank pages
- Correct visa fee
- Two recent identical passport-size photographs
- Filled application form (all columns in the form are mandatory and must be filled)
- Duly completed and signed application form
- Original passport valid for at least 6 months
- VISA fee
- Two passport size photographs
- And other supporting documents
The VISA application, along with the enclosures mentioned above, must be submitted directly to the Embassy/High commission of country/locality.
For more details visit, ‘Indian Missions/Embassies Abroad‘ : http://mea.gov.in/indian-missions-abroad.htm
VISA Application can be submitted at the Government of India VISA issuance service at www.indianvisaonline.gov.in